Monday, June 18, 2012

Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons

Lani read the American Girl Doll book featuring Kanani, the Hawaiian American Girl.  (If you don't know what American Girl is, it's a collection of dolls from different time periods in American history and each has at least one book to go with it.)  Kanani enjoys Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) and Lani was desperate to try it last summer, but we couldn't fit it into the schedule.


So... this year she is going to get to try SUP!  We are planning to go on Saturday morning (7/14) through Kona Boys in front of the King Kamehameha Hotel.  (Also known as the "King Kam.") 


Lessons are 1 1/2 hours long.  Private lessons are $150 and group lessons are $75 per person (min. of two people, max of 4).




We have a group of 4, which includes Lani, Caroline, Colin and Mark.  Let me know if anyone wants to try to get a second group together at the same time.


While they take lessons, I plan to walk down the street (.4 miles) to the Farmer's Market/ Flea Market and shop.  Anyone who wants to come with me is welcome to.  


Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I would love to do something like this or surfing lessons- anyone else up for considering another group for this or surfing lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. Looks a little tiring for me... Allison and I might join y'all for the farmer's market, though! Less core strength required. I think we're out for surfing, too, though Allison would like to say that she thinks it is a good idea and highly recommends it! She's trying to stay out of the sun before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at the website for the house we'll be staying at: http://www.kona123.com/whitesands.html
    There is a map of the area:
    http://www.kona123.com/whitesandsmap.html

    It would be a good idea for us to get nice snorkel masks, we will be very near La'aloa Cove a.k.a. "Snorkel Cove" & "Mile Marker 4" which is a great experienced scuba shore dive entry and snorkel area for turtles, eels, and colorful fish.

    Watch out turtles, here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete